Also referred to as the “West Oregon City Shops.”
Even before the Southern Pacific’s West Side and Yamhill divisions were electrified, their subsidiary electric division, the Portland, Eugene & Eastern was looking for a site to house their main car shops. A site was selected at Oswego, but these plans fell through at an early stage. After the Willamette Falls Railway was acquired, a new site was selected just north of Bolton on that line. The plan was to construct a new electric line from Oswego to Hubbard along the general right of way of the old logging railroad, which would also provide access to the shops. Due to financial difficulties affecting railroads at that time, the extension was never built, and neither were the shops. The Southern Pacific’s “temporary” facility at Beaverton remained permanent up until the end of electric passenger service in 1929.
| Important Dates: | |
|---|---|
| Operating Companies: | ‣ |
| ‣ | |
| Lines Served: | None |