Originally formed as a real estate company in 1909 to sell property along the Orchards–Sifton interurban line (particularly at the new townsite of Sifton at the end of the line) this company was revived in June 1924 to take over the day-to-day operation of all of Vancouver’s street railways on behalf of its then owners, the Puget Sound Power & Light Company. Their oversight continued even after the Portland Electric Power Company purchased the streetcar system at the end of 1925. PEPCO had little interest in the day-to-day operations of Vancouver’s unprofitable streetcars, and was probably looking to wind down the company as quickly as possible. By late 1926, streetcars were gone from the streets of Vancouver, except for PEPCO’s own Vancouver line, which continued to cross the Interstate Bridge to Third and Main until September 1940.

Years of Operation: June 19, 1909–December 30, 1927
Preceded By:
Succeeded By: Vancouver Bus Company – end of streetcar service in Vancouver

Lines


Untitled