
The Milwaukie car barn and workers, c. 1910.
A relatively short-lived barn and repair shop constructed by the East Side Railway Company in 1892 and used for that purpose by various companies through to about 1911, when it was supplanted by the Sellwood barn for car storage and the Center Street shops for repair work.
The barn was renovated in 1912 by the Portland Railway, Light & Power Company. The old frame part of the structure was torn down and the brick building was enlarged. It was planned that the facility was going to be used for storage and repair of interurban cars, but this came to nothing and the site was again mostly abandoned by the company by 1913.
The structure then lived on as “the old car barn” and was used as a boxing arena and as an automobile garage before finally being demolished in the name of progress in 1957. A car park now occupies the site.