1889_NStreetStables.jpeg

The Willamette Bridge Railway Company’s East Side stables and car barn at the southwest corner of East 2nd Avenue and Morrison (then simply called “N” street). Leased in early 1888 from Mr. C. M. Wiberg, who built the stables in mid- to late 1887, it was described as being “50x90 feet and two-story.” The stable was destroyed in a fire on June 30, 1890 with all cars and many horses burned. The incident precipitated the company’s changeover to electric vehicles on all their lines.

Untitled